Blessed Beyond Words

Monday, December 28, 2009

Nine plus months

I seem to have gotten lost in the month of December and haven't written about Chase's ever changing personality. He is now nine and a half months old, which breaks my heart. This time last year I was super preggo with swollen feet and sleeping with a heating pad a night because of my aching back and this year I am a mommy to a beautiful baby boy.
Chase has been crawling and pulling up for months now and has perfected "furniture cruising". He has taken 2-3 steps in a row a hand full of times but seems to get braver and braver each day. I give it another few weeks until we have a walker on our hands.

He loves food! Over the past few weeks he has become less interested in baby food and much more interested in food he can pick up with his tiny finders and eat himself with Dr. Rose said was very normal at his last wellness check. I have yet to find a food this child doesn't care for other than spaghetti o's.

His two bottom teeth have been in for about 2 months now and the top left if very visible and the right is not far behind, you can feel it if your lucky enough to sneak your finger in his mouth.


We have truly been blessed with an amazingly happy baby. Sure he gets fussy from time to time however rarely without a reason. He smiles and talks constantly, and this mommy never gets tired of hearing mamama and even hearing him call for dadadadee from the bottom of the stairs up to Chris' office melts my heart. He high fives, claps when we say "yea", and tonight mimicked grandma's cough. I have been working on "kisses" for a while now and love it when I get an open mouthed kiss from my sweet baby or when he leans in for a kiss on the cheek from me.

We constantly heard from friends with little ones how quickly they grow and not to blink or we might miss something, but I never imagined how true it is. I have to remind myself daily to enjoy each day with him because I'll never get this day back.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive