Blessed Beyond Words

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas Fun

I worked really hard to finish Christmas shopping a few days after Thanksgiving so that we could focus on celebrating CHRISTmas and making memories with the boys.  I know these years are passing too quickly and I want to soak them in.  Chase and I decorated a ginger bread house one afternoon when he got home from school.  The icing wasn't even dry and he was ready to dig in.  He and Wyatt enjoyed pieces of that poor house for days.  



I loved the boys in their matching Christmas PJ's so I figured I'd try my luck at picture taking.  These are far from perfect but I couldn't be happier with them, you can see the love for one another in faces.  





This is the first year I undertook the task of making Christmas cookies, Chase has just been too young.  I made the dough from scratch which was actually pretty simple and turned out to be delicious as well.  The whole "cover and chill for 3 hours" was torture for Chase.  Hours later we rolled the dough and used my collection of cookies cutters to create trees, bells and candy canes. After making what felt like dozens I was grateful I talked myself out of making a double batch :)  Then came time to decorate, again I made the icing from scratch and colored in it zip lock bags.  I was truly impressed with our cookies.  It was and entire day process and a big ol' mess but so fun.  I was reminded that day why we save this tradition for Christmas!




No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive