Blessed Beyond Words

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Grandparents

As many of you know Sunday was Grandparents Day, and Chase was lucky enough to spend it at his Nonna and Papaw's house since we were in town for Miranda's wedding. I am hoping the card we sent made it to Papa and Grandma Henderson's mailbox sometime Saturday. I left Dallas before dawn on Monday headed home to Houston so I had plenty of time alone with my thoughts. I started thinking about Grandparents and how blessed Chase is to have 4 grandparents in his life who he is able to see quite often. I love watching Chase interact with his grandparents and seeing the joy they bring to one another.
By the time I made it into the world I had already lost 3 of my 4 grandparents and only had the chance to really know my paternal grandmother until I was 4 when we moved out of state. Chris has nothing but the fondest memories of his grandparents and even great grandparents, most whom are no longer on this earth, but the memories remain. Grandparents are a special gift and Chase has four pretty amazing ones!

What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies. ~Rudolph Giuliani

















We wanted to get a few pictures of Papaw and his grandkids for a picture frame he was given for Father's Day that has sat empty for months.








No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive